ASSOCIATION OF PHYSICS TEACHERS
publications provide up to date physics knowledge, at a level
comprehensible for many users.
assist in the learning of new and traditional teaching methodologies
and the use of modern technology in Physics.
- ACS provides access to over
30 peer-reviewed journals and magazines in all fields of chemistry
- Subject Strengths include
Core, Applied, Organic Chemistry, Bio- Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals,
Polymers and Materials Science.
INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS
access to the full-collection of highly-rated of 11 Journals
and conference proceedings.
in Physics, Industrial Applications (Applied Physics), and
advances in Scientific Computing.
- Provides full-text online access
to its four journals as well as the MathSciNet database.
- Covers international mathematical
literature dating back to 1940, providing access to the bibliographic
data and reviews of mathematical literature contained in the
Mathematical Reviews database.
- APS provides access to 9 prestigious
- Includes the five-specialist
Physical Review Publications, and the PROLA archive.
OF COMPUTING MACHINERY
The ACM contains
full-text from 28 ACM Journals and Transactions, 10 ACM Magazines,
over 40 ACM Special Interest Newsletters, 15 non-ACM journal
and publications and over 100 annual conference proceedings.
strengths include all areas of Information Technology, with
full archival content for all ACM publications.
University Press (CUP)
- Cambridge Journals Online is
the online content delivery service for Cambridge University
Press’s collection of nearly 200 leading journals.
- Subject Strengths includes:
Politics, Linguistics, Social Science, ,Humanities, Law, Mathematics,
a wide variety of multidisciplinary content. It acquires large
number of titles from leading academic publishers.
of Karachi will be able to access Freedom Subject
Collection from ebrary.
University Press publishes over 30 journals across a range
of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. (More
- Science Direct is the world's
leading electronic collection of scientific journals.
- Renowned for the high-quality
of its content in all branches of science, technology and medicine.
Freedom Subject Collection
- All the subject categories of Elsevier (Science Direct)
- Emerald is a
dynamic database comprising over 150 titles in the fields of
" Management, Information Science and Engineering.
- The Emerald
fulltext collection features over 58,000 articles from titles
published by Emerald.
- Flagship titles
such as Management Decision, European Journal of Marketing,
Journal of Documentation, Leadership & Organization Development
Journal, The TQM Magazine and Industrial Robot. (More
- Engineering Solutions for Academia
- ESDU collection
is based on industry standard tools and software as part of
teaching and research projects.
- ESDU provide
validated design guides, introductions, methods, data and software
used in Industry and suitable for simple, rapid inclusion in
these engineering programs: (More
• Aerospace Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Material Science
• Mechanical Engineering
• Process Engineering
• Structural Engineering
IET Digital library
- IET digital library offers over 20 research journals and letters in electrical and electronic engineering Electrical including Telecommunications; Power; Control; Radar; Circuits; Materials; Life sciences related research & IT. 10 of IET digital library journals are impact factor. (More Info…)
INSTITUTE FOR OPERATIONS RESEARCH AND THE MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (INFORMS)
- INFORMS publishes 11 scholarly journals, including a journal for the practice of OR/MS (Interfaces), as well as an on-line open access journal (INFORMS Transactions on Education).(More Info...)
INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS (IEEE)
- Provides access to almost a third of the world's current Electrical Engineering and Computer Science literature.
- IEL provides full-text access to 132 IEEE and 45 IEE journals, magazines, transactions and conference proceedings as well as active IEEE standards. (More Info...)
- The Institute of Physics is
a leading international professional body and learned society,
established to promote the advancement and dissemination of
physics. The Institute has a world-wide membership.
- Subject Strength: Applied Mathematics
and Mathematical Physics, Applied Physics, Computer Science,
Condensed Matter and Materials Science, High Energy and Nuclear
Physics, Measurement Science and Sensors, Medical and Biological
Physics, Optical, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Plasma Physics,
WEB OF KNOWLEDGE
- An integrated Web-based platform,
The ISI Web of Knowledge provides high-quality content and the
tools to access, analyze, and manage research information.
- Provides simultaneous access
to a variety of leading research databases, including the Web
of Science, Journal Citation Reports (JCR) and Essential Science
Indicators (ESI) and the bibliographic management software,
OF THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA (JASA)
- Content in JSTOR spans many
disciplines, with over 500 high-quality publications available
in the archive.
- JSTOR provides the ability to
retrieve high-resolution, scanned images of journal issues and
pages as they were originally designed, printed, and illustrated.
Following collections of McGraw Hill are subscribed
to your institution:
- Nature is amongst the most prestigious
journals of the world.
- Includes prompt publications
of significant advances in all branches of science, as well
as providing a forum for the reporting and discussion of news
and issues concerning science.
- Project MUSE provides access
to 430 full-text journals from 108 publishers in humanities
and social science. MUSE pricing meets library needs around
the world. (More
- Provides access to the full
text of the prestigious Science publication.
- It allows users to search within
Science and across a multitude of scientific journals.
- Provided to selected public-sector
universities in Pakistan on the basis of identified research
provides access to 503 full-text Springer-Verlag Journals
and 738 full-text journals formerly published by Kluwer Academic
One of the
world's leading information services for Science, Technical
and Medical journals.
& FRANCIS Journals
- Taylor & Francis has grown
rapidly over the last two decades to become a leading international
- More than 1000 journal titles
in a full range of disciplines. (More
- Since the Blackwell-Synergy
merger with Wiley-Interscience, all the journals available
to HEC consortium are now available through Wiley-Interscience.
- Online database containing
over 1,234 journals in science, technology, medicine, humanities
and social sciences. (More